An easy to follow pizza dough recipe that never fails to make a solid pizza base. Now every day of the week can be a pizza party. Why not try this dough with my baking tray vegan pizza recipe.
Fool Proof Pizza Dough
This meal is around 97% less polluting than the average UK meal.
Eating this recipe will save around 2.84 KG CO2e per person.
That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 23.44 KM in a modern car.How do I calculate this?
- 300 g 00 Flour (you can substitute with plain flour if desired, but 00 works much better)
- 8 g Fine Sea Salt
- 3 g Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine together 200ml of lukewarm water with the 3 grams yeast, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 teaspoon sugar. Pour the mixture into the bowl holding the flour. Bring the contents together using your hands. Knead in the mixing bowl until well combined. Then remove and knead on a surface for 5 minutes until elastic. Leave the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Once rested, knead the dough for a further 5 minutes. Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces and pinch each into a smooth dough ball.
- Oil a baking tray with a little olive oil. Place the dough balls onto the tray and cover each with a drizzle more of olive oil. Spread the oil over the balls to ensure they are evenly covered. Then cover with a dampened cloth or cling film and leave to rise at room temperature for 3 – 4 hours. The dough should roughly double in size.
- When your dough is risen, stretch each ball out into a pizza-like shape on a floured surface. Then use your hands to shape into a circle or square depending on what your desired pizza shape. Top and bake. (If you don't feel confident enough to shape the pizza dough with your hands it's perfectly fine to use a floured rolling pin. Just stretch out your dough balls into a rough shape before working with the rolling pin. Then roll out into your desired shape/thickness.)