A wonderful salad to be enjoyed outside in the sun. The peppery radish imparts a lovely warmth to the salad.
When to eat
I recommend eating this dish from Late April to November.
This meal is around 89% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.61 KG CO2e per person.
- That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 21.61 KM in a modern car.
- 300 g Radish
- 300 g Carrot
- 30 g Mint
- 400 g Cooked Chickpeas
- 30 g Dill
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Thinly slice the radish and peel and grate the carrots, place both alongside the chickpeas into a large mixing bowl. Loosely chop the mint and tip into the bowl.
- Mix together the dressing. Place all the ingredients into a small glass or jug and combine. Finely chop the dill and spoon over the dill and dressing into the chickpea mixture. Toss the salad until the dressing and dill covers the bowl contents evenly. Season well with salt and pepper and toss again. Serve.