A completely vegan chocolate dessert that you can make in under 10 minutes, need I say more! This delicious cake has a wonderful gooey middle. It’s perfect to lift your mood on those hard to get through days. I like to enjoy mine with a dollop of plain soya yoghurt in the centre. Glorious!
When to eat
Best enjoyed in the winter months, look for African cocoa powder, harvests happen in the October and November months.
This meal is around 72% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.12 KG CO2e per person.
- That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 17.55 KM in a modern car.
- 6 Tablespoons Self-raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 6 Tablespoons Oat Milk
- Preheat an oven to 200˚c.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together until smooth. The mixture should be thick but pourable, if it appears too thick add tablespoons of milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour the bowl contents into two small ramekins or enamelware and place into the 200˚c oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cake has risen considerably and beginning to take some colour. The middle should be still runny but warm at this point.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy instantly!