This vegan sour cream is tangy, smooth and delicious. It’s the perfect accompanying sauce for any chilli or mexican-style spread.
Stop buying that store bought vegan sour cream. This recipe for cashew sour cream is incredibly easy to make and is ready in no time at all.
Just whiz together all the ingredients and you’ll have a wonderfully thick and savoury vegan dip for any occasion. I love spreading a large dollop over my chilli.
This recipe works great with my Chilli Con Veggie recipe. My idea of a perfect mid-week meal – a large helping of chilli spooned over a hot jacket potato with a generous helping of this sour cream. Delicious.
This meal is around 99% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.91 KG CO2e per person.
- That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 24.02 KM in a modern car.
- 150 g Cashews (soaked overnight, or soaked in freshly boiled water for 30 minutes)
- 1/2 Medium Lemon (Juiced)
- 120 ml Water
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Drain and rinse your soaked cashews.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Add a pinch of salt and then blitz until smooth.
- You can serve the sour cream immediately but it tastes best chilled. I recommend placing the cream in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.