A very quick and delicious noodle soup. The miso paste and dried mushrooms give this dish plenty of umami flavour.
When To Eat
We recommend eating this dish from March to June.
|White Miso Paste||1 1/2 Tablespoons|
|Dried Shiitake Mushrooms||15 g|
|Vegetable Stock||1 L|
|Thick Rice Noodles||100 g|
|Spring Onion||2 Onion|
|Spring Greens||200 g|
This meal is around 91% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.68 KG CO2e per person.
- That's equivalent to the emissions produced driving 22.11 KM in a modern car.
- Crush the garlic with the back of a big knife. Slice the ginger then put it in a pan with the garlic, dried mushrooms, miso paste and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and bubble for 5 minutes until the ginger is soft.
- Add the rice noodles to the broth and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes until the noodles have cooked.
- Slice the spring greens into thin long strips, add to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Finely slice the coriander and spring onions and pour into the pan, reserving some of the coriander and green parts of the onion to garnish. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved spring onion and coriander.