This warm salad is quick and simple to make. Just right for We recommend serving the potatoes warm but can just as easily be dished cold.
When To Eat
Whilst potatoes are available year-round in the UK. We recommend eating this dish from December to late March. The pesto ingredients come into season then.
|Savoy Cabbage||1 Cabbage|
|Fresh Parsley||4 Tablespoons|
For the Pesto see ingredient list and method here
This meal is around 83% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.46 KG CO2e per person.
- That's equivalent to the emissions produced driving 20.35 KM in a modern car.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces. Add to a pan and cover with water. Salt the water heavily. Bring to the boil and then simmer until soft.
- Quarter the savoy cabage and slice into 1/2 cm pieces. Once the potatoes are nearly cooked put a colander over the the top of the pan. The colander should be placed so the steam from the cooking potatoes should can rise through the holes. Add the cabbage to the colander and cover with the pan lid. Steam for 2-3 minutes or until the cabbage has just wilted.
- Remove and drain the potatoes and cabbage. Leave the potatoes in the pan to cool slightly.
- here.">Whilst the potatoes are cooling make the pesto as per the recipe here.
- Thinly slice the celery and parsley. Then, whilst still in the pan crush the potatoes slightly with the back of a fork. Add the pesto, cabbage and celery to the pan and mix. Be careful not to over-stir otherwise the potatoes will become mush.
- Season and serve immediately with a good sprinkling of the parsley.