Begon plain tofu scramble. Here’s my recipe for an incredibly tasty scramble.
This recipe is for plain, but delicious tofu scramble. No fancy flavourings – these scrambled tofu are designed to replicate that salty umaminess that can be used in just about any dish. Have these on toast in the morning, have them with rice, have them with noodles – they work with anything.
This meal is around 96% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.82 KG CO2e per person.
- That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 23.28 KM in a modern car.
- 400 g Firm Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Miso Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Place the 400g of tofu into a large mixing bowl. Break the tofu block apart using a fork until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs.
- Heat the tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Toss in the tofu and fry for 2 minutes. Whilst frying use the fork to breakdown any larger clumps of tofu until the tofu resembles an even scramble.
- Pour in the 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of brown miso. Whisk into the tofu until the spices are well combined and the tofu has a even yellow colour. Fry for a further 2 minutes until the tofu is nicely cooked through.
- Serve the tofu immediately, it's best hot. This scrambled tofu is perfect on a freshly buttered slice of sourdough toast. Alternatively it works great with some fried rice to give an added salted protein boost.