This simple three bean chilli is sure to be a hit in any household. A smoky and flavourful plant-based dish perfect for cold nights and feeding a crowd.
Beans & chilli are a match made in heaven. This three bean chilli, has not one, not two, but three beans! That’s a lot of beans for you buck. Beans are healthy, beans are cheap and most of all beans are tasty. So why not add all the beans!
This recipe uses cannellini, red kidney and black beans, but feel free to mix and match whatever beans you have in the pantry.
Enjoyed this recipe and looking for something a bit more involved? My 1-Pot Squash Chilli is delightful!
This meal is around 86% less polluting than the average UK meal.
- Eating this recipe will save around 2.51 KG CO2e per person.
- That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 20.78 KM in a modern car.
- 2 Medium Onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 (400g) Can Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 (400g) Can Cannellini Bean (drained)
- 1 (400g) Can Black Beans (drained)
- 2 (400g) Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Teaspoons Chipotle Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Powder
- 1 Medium Lime (juiced)
- 10 g Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Heat the the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Toss in the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Mix the chipotle paste, smoked paprika and chocolate powder into the cooking onions. Then pour in the chopped tomatoes, canned beans and vegetable stock. Stir the pan to evenly combine all the ingredients. Then bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the lime juice and chopped coriander. Season to taste.