The simplest vegan tzatziki around, and yet it tastes amazing. This is such a great recipe to have on hand for those meze dinner parties. You can whip it up in under ten minutes and it looks and tastes dreamy.
I love making a decent batch of tzatziki to have on hand for any wraps or sandwiches I make. I use it kind of like a more fragrant mayo. It works wonders elevating any plain lunch wraps you’re making.
Epic Vegan Tzatziki
This meal is around 94% less polluting than the average UK meal.
Eating this recipe will save around 2.75 KG CO2e per person.
That’s equivalent to the emissions produced driving 22.74 KM in a modern car.How do I calculate this?
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 400 g Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 15 g Dill (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Grate the cucumber into a large mixing bowl and combine with the salt. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then, using your hands squeeze as much moisture out of the cucumber gratings as you can. Return the cucumber back to the bowl.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients into the mixing bowl and combine well using a fork. Season to taste and serve.